Who will benefit
The Zijlsloep is intended for everyone who wants to go sailing in comfort, but also on an engine - though quietly - through a town or a nature area. Its whole design is aimed at simple handling and stability, single-handed sailing, even for less experienced sailors. Due to the spacious and handy hull design, the Zijlsloep will accept two handful of people in spite of its short hull.
- You have always sailed but now you are ready for more comfort and less wet
- You want to sail but also to boat on an engine through a nature reserve
- You want to go sailing but are fed up with the noise and stench of two-stroke, gasoline or diesel
- You want to go sailing but your partner is not impressed
- Your partner wants to go sailing but you are not impressed
- You consider sailing the ultimate but down-town a motorboat does have an advantage
- You like boating a civil lifeboat (called a 'sloep' in Dutch) but do want to sail now and then
- You are ready for something completely different
So it is time to meet the Zijlsloep, a classic looking small ship but fully from this era.